This is a personal blog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer.
Who Am I?
- I’ve been in recruiting for a while. Time flies and I love every moment of it. It’s exciting, fun and challenging – finding key talent.
- I studied Asian Studies in college but, never thought that I would actually end up living in Asia.
- My work has taken me to several Asian countries. I’ve been very fortunate that my job have taken me to China (2x), Vietnam, Singapore and Santa Clara.
Why Do I Write This Blog?
- Firstly, I don’t consider myself a blogger. You can tell… I don’t write too frequently.
- This blog helps me to capture some of my own thoughts on recruiting and human resources topics, in general. I don’t write about a specific topic but, generally whatever comes to mind or important for me that particular month. (Sometimes I let a topic sit in my draft folder for a while before I come back to it.)
From Online to Offline
- As a result of this blog, I’ve been asked to speak at various HR seminar and conferences. I am humbled to think people are actually interested in what I have to say.
- The speaking engagements has helped me to further hone in on topics which I may not normally touch on at work.
- And, it is good to share my experiences with audience members. At the same time, I also get to engage, interact and learn from participants.